Sure Cuts a Lot v5 (SCAL)
What's New in Version 5
- Available as a 64 bit program
- Have multiple projects open
- New effects added, including Bridge Warp, Drop Shadow, QR Code & Symmetrical Mirror [screenshot]
- Nesting [screenshot]
- Add mat tempates [screenshot]
- Add Guidelines
- Import additional file formats, including PES,PEC,HUS,JEF,SEW,VIP & more
- Additional text justification and sizing options
- Convert stroke to path
- New trace image options for background removal and mask editing
- Options to control the cut order (PRO version only)
- Assign cut presets to layers (PRO version only)
- and more!
Sure Cuts A Lot 5 supports a variety of electronic cutting machines:
- Black Cat Cougar/Lynx™
- BossKut Gazelle™
- Brother ScanNCut™ (export as FCM compatible files only) *
- Craftwell eCraft™
- Cricut Explore/Maker™ (export as SVG to upload into Design Space only) *
- Janome Artistic Edge™
- Pazzles Inspiration/Pro/Vue™
- Silhouette SD/CAMEO/Portrait/Curio™
- Silver Bullet™
- USCutter Copam/LaserPoint/MH/PCUT/SC/TC/TITAN™
- Vinyl Express™
- and more!
We also offer a separate exclusive version (eCAL) that works with the Sizzix eclips™
Important: This version does not cut directly with the Cricut™ Personal/Expression/Create/Cake machines.
If you previously purchased Sure Cuts A Lot 2, you can use Sure Cuts A Lot 5 to make your designs and then send it to Sure Cuts A Lot 2 for cutting with your Cricut Pesonal/Expression/Create/Cake.
* Sure Cuts a Lot cannot directly cut with the Cricut Explore/Maker or Brother ScanNCut. You can only use Sure Cuts A Lot to create your design and then export as a compatible file format to use in Cricut Design Space or a USB drive for the Brother ScanNCut.
- Works with your installed TrueType and OpenType fonts [screenshot]
- Works with thousands of free TrueType Fonts including Dingbat/Wingding Fonts
- Import various file formats, including SVG, PDF, EPS, AI, WPC (PRO Version can also import PLT, DXF)
- Drawing tools to draw and edit shapes
- Weld overlapping letters and shapes together [screenshot]
- Select styles, including Shadow and Blackout, to change the look of your letters and shapes with just a few clicks.
- Auto tracing feature to automatically convert images (including jpg, bmp, gif, png) for cutting
- Create rhinestone templates & Lattice shapes [screenshot]
- Print & Cut*
- Includes over 200 built in shapes, with many more available through the eshape store.
- WYSIWYG Interface - What you see is what you cut [screenshot]
- Availble for Windows and Macintosh OSX
- Save your design layouts, so you can save and share your designs
- Free technical support
- And much more!
* Print & Cut for supported Craft machine models. Additional Print & Cut support for other supported models are in the Pro version.
Pentium processor-based PC or compatible computer (Windows)
Windows XP SP3/Vista/7/8/10 (Windows)
Intel based Macintosh (Mac)
Macintosh OSX 10.10 - 10.13 (Mac) (If you are running OSX 10.6-10.10, you can use version 4)
512 MB of RAM or more
At least 50 MB of available hard disk space
USB Port 1.1 or 2.x
Once you have purchased and downloaded Sure Cuts A Lot, it will run in Demo Mode.
Download from this link
When you launch Sure Cuts A Lot, you will be presented with a window to Activate or Purchase the full version, or continue to use the software in Demo Mode.
To activate the licensed version, please do the following (Method requires an Internet connection) Download, install and launch “Sure Cuts A Lot”. Click the “Activate” button or choose “Activate” from the “Help” menu.
Enter your name and serial number in the appropriate fields. Click OK and the software will attempt to connect to our servers to activate your software on your computer.
If you get an error saying the information is invalid, please note the following: Make sure you don’t have any firewall/security software blocking “Sure Cuts A Lot” from connecting to the Internet.
Until activated, the software will run in Trial Mode and will cut extra lines in your designs. The easiest way to activate your software is by doing the Standard Activation as shown in this tutorial.
This method requires an Internet connection. If you do not have Internet access on the computer you install the software on, you will need to do the Manual Activation as shown in the next tutorial.