Info - Decorating Mugs and Plates
Depending how permanent you want your project, try the following options (in order of cost):
1. Vinyl - cheap vinyl is intended for indoor use, and the adhesive is meant for removable projects. There are other grades of vinyl for more permanent applications (but probably won't withstand dishwasher or hot water washing).
See other stronger adhesive vinyl here
See some permanent vinyl here
2. Waterslide/Decal paper is a relatively cheap method of decorating items eg. model trains, candles, plates, guitars
See clear papers to use with laser printers here
See tattoo papers to use with inkjet printers here
3. Heat Transfer material can be used on products that can withstand 160° for approx 15sec
See many different types of Heat Transfer materials here
4. Sublimation methods allow for more permanent results, but this requires your project (mug, plate, etc) to be treated for sublimation. This can be costly and generally requires specialised equipment.
See some options here
5. Glass etching - use stencil vinyl to create a logo/art work and etch onto your glass/mirror using etching creme. Paint using glass paint. See options here
As per our T&Cs, we only suggest various options for your creative experimentation - it remains your responsibility to test and find the solutions for your project applications.